Sign up and you will be randomly allocated two other conference attendees to meet up with and have coffee.
Coffee breaks at conferences are there for you to take a break, chat and meet new people. But sometimes connecting with new people can be difficult for lots of different reasons. So, at Museums + Tech 2018 I'll be trying to make it easier and, at the same time, add a little serendipity into things. We're using the Randomised Coffee Trials model - used in organisations such as Nesta and RSA to help departments work together and meet new people.
How does it work?
- Sign up.
- You'll receive an email with details of where to meet at the conference venue.
- On the day of the conference, at the beginning of the first break, come along to the meeting point and I'll introduce you to the two other people you're meeting.
- You go and grab a coffee together. Or any other beverage.
- Chat for about 20 mins and share what you do and what you're interested in.
- I'll give you a couple of questions or topics to talk about to kick things off.
- THAT'S IT!
- This is only open to conference attendees so you will need to make sure you have a ticket for Museums + Tech 2018
- If you provide products or services - please don’t use this time to market/promote your products or services.
- Please be respectful of other people’s time and energy - try to turn up on time
- It's fun to speak but it's good to listen.